ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont man who admitted to killing his girlfriend’s severely disabled child by putting vodka in the boy’s feeding tube has been sentenced to three years in prison.
Walter Richters of Hardwick was sentenced Tuesday in St. Johnsbury under a plea deal with prosecutors. He was given credit for 1 1/2 years he’s already served.
Richters pleaded guilty in October to manslaughter in the 2014 death of 13-year-old Isaac Robitille at the Hardwick home they shared with Isaac’s mother.
The 38-year-old Richters also agreed to testify against the boy’s mother, Melissa Robitille, who police say approved giving her son vodka through the intravenous tube because the child was “being fussy.”
Prosecutors say Isaac was blind, had no ears, a cleft palate and developmental delays.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.