STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. — A man accused of murdering a Steamboat Springs man for his marijuana plants has reached a plea deal requiring him to be sentenced to 35 years in prison.Lucas Johnson’s mug shot (Routt County Sheriff’s Office)
According to Steamboat Pilot & Today, 39-year-old Lucas Johnson on Thursday pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and attempting to escape from Routt County Jail. Under the deal, prosecutors will recommend Johnson serve 34 years in prison for the death of Edward Zimmerman and one year for the attempted escape.
In October jailers discovered that Johnson had tried to dig a hole in a cinder block at the jail with a Monopoly hat game piece.
Authorities say Zimmerman was found shot in the face in the Johnson’s backyard in March 2015.
Johnson is scheduled to be sentenced on Wednesday.
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.