A legislative battle over recreational marijuana could be on the way in Boston, with public hearings poised to begin.
State lawmakers are set on holding hearings, starting next week, to address possible tweaks to the recreational cannabis law approved by Massachusetts voters in November, a move that marijuana advocates are calling a “false narrative,” according to the Associated Press.
“The new law requires no legislative fixes,” Jim Borghesani, a spokesman for the state’s rec campaign, told the AP.
Regardless, Massachusetts state lawmakers indicated they may try to make changes to the new law. They are permitted to do so because the ballot initiative legalizing recreational marijuana changed state statute instead of putting adult use into the state constitution.
By contrast, Colorado voters approved a constitutional amendment allowing rec use, thereby ensuring that state lawmakers can’t easily amend the law.
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.