By Amber Randall
A jury found a Minnesota police officer not guilty of the fatal shooting of black man Friday afternoon.
The jury, consisting of five women and seven men, decided Â Officer Jeronimo Yanez not guilty of all charges. Two of the jurors were black.
Jeronimo Yanez was cleared of all manslaughter charges in connection with his July shooting of Philando Castile.Â Yanez shot Castile seven times, believing Castile was reach for his gun, after he pulled him over for a broken tail light.
Prosecution argued that Yanez was nervous during the exchange and acted too hastily. Castile told Yanez that he had a gun, but â€œnever reached for his gun, let alone put his hand on it,â€� prosecutor Jeffrey Paulsen said during the trial.
â€œThe problem was Yanez wasnâ€™t listening to him,â€� prosecutors told the jury.
Defense for Yanez pointed towardsÂ Castileâ€™s alleged drug use; an autopsy report revealed Castile had THC in his system at the time of death. Defense claimed Castileâ€™s marijuana habit prevented him from obeying Yanezâ€™s orders.
â€œNone of this would have happened but for Philando Castile,â€� defense attorney Earl Gray said. â€œ[Yanez] sees the gun and [Castile] doesnâ€™t follow orders. Thatâ€™s enough to pull your gun out and end the threat.â€�
Send tips toÂ amber@
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
WATCH TLRâ€™S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.