Video of the moment a Texas girl bursts into tears of joy as she unwraps a specially made doll with a prosthetic leg “like me” has gone viral.
Emma Bennett was born with a rare birth defect that saw her leg amputated when she was nine months old.
The 10-year-old, from the Houston suburb of Cypress, was fitted for a prosthetic limb as a toddler.
Despite this, her family says she kept a positive attitude and made it on to the school cheer squad.
But she has always wanted a doll that looks like her. This week, her wish came true.
Emma’s emotional reaction was filmed as she opened her unique gift.
“You’ve got to be kidding me!” she says in disbelief before hugging the doll.
“It’s got a leg like me!”
Emma’s mother, Courtney Fletcher Bennett, reads a letter about the doll’s journey.
The toy was made by New York-based A Step Ahead Prosthetics, which specialises in building realistic-looking limbs.
In the video, Emma says: “Thank you for making a doll like me!”
The moment has since gone viral, garnering more than 10 million views and 100,000 shares on Facebook.
more recommended stories
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio Guilty Of Criminal Contempt
Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s own words.
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- John McCain Diagnosed With Aggressive Brain Cancer
LISTEN TO TLR’S LATEST PODCAST: By.
- I Know I Can Defeat Elizabeth Warren in 2018 Race: Shiva Ayyadurai
By Douglas Ernst – The Washington.