Concerns about President Trump’s ties to Vladimir Putin’s Russia have been back in the limelight since Michael Flynn resigned as national security adviser. Flynn resigned after it was leaked that he made calls to the Russian ambassador before Trump took office and then misled the vice president about it.
But “Last Week Tonight” didn’t focus on Flynn. Instead, John Oliver broke down why he thinks Putin is such a dangerous figure and why considering the U.S. and Russia morally equivalent is harmful.
“America and Russia are not the f***ing same,” Oliver said, although he conceded. “America has had — and continues to have — endemic problems that need fixing.” He even went so far as to say “that might as well be the title of this show.”
Oliver argued that Putin’s record demonstrates the situation in Russia is much more extreme than in the U.S., and he used rigged elections, anti-gay legislation, silencing dissenters and supporting the Assad regime as examples of the key differences.
Image: “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver”
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.