Comedian Jerry Seinfeld is heading to Worcester this weekend for two shows.
But first, he wants to know: How do you pronounce Worcester?
Seinfeld is performing his stand-up routine at The Hanover Theatre on Saturday night. And while Seinfeld is good at the mic, he told fans on Twitter that he is having a little trouble trying to spell and pronounce Worcester.
“I cannot understand the spelling and pronunciation of Worcester, Mass. So I’m coming in for 2 shows Saturday night to figure it out,” Seinfeld tweeted.
I cannot understand the spelling and pronunciation of Worcester, Mass.
So I’m coming in for 2 shows Saturday night to figure it out.
— Jerry Seinfeld (@JerrySeinfeld) June 2, 2017
Fans were quick to try and give Seinfeld some help on the pronunciation.
It’s not wooster either, it’s more like calling someone a wuss, then the “sta”. So it’s wuss-sta. (BTW They’re not wusses)
— MrHockeyMan4 (@MrHockeyMan4) June 2, 2017
— Tony Fontane (@TMAN1138pm) June 2, 2017
— Cliff Record (@recordnj) June 2, 2017
Wuh-stahhhhhh! It’s a wicked pissuh city, Jerry.
— Joan Pagliarulo (@JoanPagliarulo) June 2, 2017
There are still some tickets available for Seinfeld’s shows at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
It’s not the first time a celebrity has struggled with pronouncing the name of Massachusetts’ second-largest city.
Earlier this year, NASCAR drivers struggled with the names of Worcester and other Massachusetts towns and cities.
Source: Google Alerts
more recommended stories
- WPD Vice Search Warrant Arrest Two for Trafficking Fentanyl
Worcester, MA (August 18, 2017) â€“Â On.
- Detectives Investigating a Home Invasion on Kimball Street Today
Worcester, MA (August 18, 2017) â€“.
- Glen Campbell 1936-2017
Glen Travis Campbell 1936-2017 It is.
- Chelsea Handler Suggests a Law That Would Land Her in Jail
Television host and comedian Chelsea Handler.
- Legendary Voice Actress June Foray Dies At 99
Legendary voice actress June Foray has.
- Hollywood Is Mourning The Loss Of Martin Landau
(CNN)Martin Landau, 89, a character actor.
- Stephen Colbert Obsesses Over Trump’s Twitter
Late Show host Stephen Colbert introduced.
- Let’s fall in love with Lee Wiley
Scott handles the music beat around.
- Jazzed Up Duo and Buck-A-Shuck at Bull Mansion Bistro
Relax with fine piano and vocals.
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind To Celebrate 40th Anniversary In Theaters
One of the greatest science fiction.