Merin Joseph, a police offer from the southern Indian state of Kerala, recently slammed a sexist article written by a vernacular Hindi website in India on the “10 most beautiful IAS and IPS officers in India”.
In her now-viral Facebook post, Joseph, an assistant superintendent of police in Munnar, slams the Indian press for the objectification of women and for reducing their work and professional achievements to their looks.
“This perfectly sums up what is wrong with the press in India, especially the vernacular press. Shameless objectification of women and propagation of patriarchal structures, reducing a lady’s worth to her face value,” Joseph wrote.
While the article has since been taken down, Joseph’s post has gone viral with over 2,300 likes. “Have you ever wondered why we never see a list of the most handsome males in the IAS and IPS?” Joseph asks in the end.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.
- IS Attack Underscores Fragility Of Iraqi Security Forces
Iraqi Special Forces soldiers walk to.