Hyperloop is gliding toward reality.
Jumpstartfund’s Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) announced Monday morning that it has secured a magnetic levitation system for its Hyperloop project.
Specifically, it’s a passive magnetic levitation system originally developed by the Lawrence Livermore National Labs in California as part of the Inductrack system. HTT chose this system due to it being, according to HTT, both cheaper and safer than an active magnetic levitation system like MagLev.
“Utilizing a passive levitation system will eliminate the need for power stations along the Hyperloop track, which makes this system the most suitable for the application and will keep construction costs low,” said Bibop Gresta, COO of HTT.
Image: Hyperloop Transportation Technologies
The levitation system chosen by HTT is safer and less expensive than other alternatives because levitation is a byproduct of movement, rather than a separate, powered element. That means if there’s a loss of power, the Hyperloop slowly glides to a stop and remain levitating until a very low speed.
While it is exciting HTT has chosen a levitation technology and announced another location for its Hyperloop, it’s no closer to breaking ground any time soon. So don’t write off your airline miles just yet.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Internet Service Providers Launch Another Attack on Net Neutrality,,, How You Can Stop It
With so much going on in.