A lot of people want you to believe that there are only 3 ways to deal with a federal government that violates the Constitution:
- Go to a federal court in the hope that federal judges will stop federal programs.
- Lobby federal politicians in the hope that they’ll limit federal power.
- Vote the bums out in the hope that the new bums will turn down all the federal power handed to them by the previous bums.
Simple logic tells me this approach isn’t going to get good results. And leading Founders like Thomas Jefferson and James Madison certainly agreed. They told us that if we allowed the federal government to determine the extent of its own power, we shouldn’t be surprised if that power grows…and grows.
But they weren’t alone.
During the ratification debates, Archibald Maclaine of North Carolina not only said that we “should disregard” unconstitutional acts, but that we should “punish them for the attempt.”
That’s some pretty serious stuff, IMO. I made a short video on this little-known fact, and I think it makes for a good educational piece to share with others. Check it out at the link below, and if you agree – please share it widely!
**NULLIFICATION MOVEMENT NEWS:
(1) In the last few days, a number of important bills have been filed or moved forward. The Maryland Senate unanimously passed a Right to Try Act, while a Pennsylvania committee passed one too. A bill taking on asset forfeiture moved forward in Arizona. A hemp farming bill did too. A North Carolina bill would “actually get rid of Common Core.” A bill filed in Michigan would ban “material support or resources” to warrantless federal spying programs.
(2) We’re only able to do this kind of work with the financial backing of people like you. Our monthly memberships start at just 2 bucks a month – and when a lot of people pitch in small amounts, it makes a BIG difference.
If you’d like to pitch in to help us out, I’d be extremely grateful for the support. Here are your options:
- Monthly membership (from just $2/month)
- Annual membership – $50
- 5 year membership – $200
- Lifetime membership – $1000
If you prefer to make a one-time donation, you can do so at this link. If you’d rather mail a check, our address is:
Tenth Amendment Center
PO Box 13458
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Thank you for reading – and for your support.
Source: Tenth Amendment Center
more recommended stories
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- New Hampshire Bills to Expand Patient Access to Medical Marijuana Signed Into Law
CONCORD, N.H. (July 12, 2017) Last.
- Greece legalizes marijuana for medical purposes
The Greek government has agreed to.
- Now in Effect: Retail Sales of Recreational Marijuana in Nevada Starts Today
CARSON CITY, Nev. (July 1, 2017).
- Signed by the Governor: Maine Law Expands Health Freedom
AUGUSTA, Maine (JuneÂ 14, 2017) â€“ Earlier.
- California Assembly Passes Bill to Ban Resources for Federal Marijuana Enforcement
SACRAMENTO (Jun. 1, 2017) – Today, the California.
- Massachusetts Bill Would Help Block Federal Militarization of Police
BOSTON, Mass. (May 30, 2017) –.
- US appeals court sidesteps key ruling with MMJ business owner
A federal appeals court in San.
- Marijuana Business Conference & Expo kicks off with Trump a focus of industry executives
By John Schroyer Facing a cloud.
- Nevada To Allow ‘Early’ Recreational Cannabis Sales Starting July 1
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Nevada will.