Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, sent out a message to supporters of her mother on Thursday morning via email. Here is the letter:
“When Republicans repeatedly get on stage at their national convention and toss attack after attack at my mom, calling her things I’d never say in front of my children — let alone on live TV — they’re talking about a caricature they’ve imagined, not the woman that I love and respect.
My mom is compassionate, kind, and hardworking — when I was growing up, it seemed like she could do anything. She’d spend all day in court litigating on behalf of children and families, then come home and ask me over dinner what I learned in school, what my favorite part of my day was, and what I hoped would happen tomorrow. And then she would sit with me while I did my homework or practiced the piano or worked on my science project.
xxxx, my mom has been fighting for everyday Americans for as long as I can remember. She’s smart, she’s strong, and she never forgets who she is fighting for and why. I can’t wait to vote for her as our next president — but she needs to know that we’re with her right now.
During the Republican National Convention/RNC, hateful speakers have encouraged crowds to chant “Lock her up!” and “Guilty!” They’ve also called Hillary “a piece of garbage.” Ben Carson accused Hillary of being related to Lucifer/Satan. It’s hard to imagine hearing such words being thrown at your mom, but it’s happening. Of course the hateful rhetoric is something Hillary is used to hearing, as the Right has been after her for decades but continue to come up with nothing.
more recommended stories
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Not Policing The USA
In America you’re innocent until proven.
- Ethics Watchdog Files Complaint Against Wasserman Schultz
The Foundation for Accountability and Civic.
- Big-name union supporters speak out with vote less than two days away
CANTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) –.
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- Senate Committee Votes to Continue Protections for Medical Marijuana States
A vote was taken at the.
- Court Rules Against Politician Who Banned Access to Her Facebook Page
Facebook page of Virginia county politician.
- House Dem: Extremist John Kelly Will Militarize the White House
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) denounced President.