Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Wednesday the Democratic National Committee gave her “nothing” after she clinched the nomination.
“I set up my campaign and we have our own data operation. I get the nomination. So I’m now the nominee for the Democratic Party. I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party. I mean, it was bankrupt,” she said at the Code Conference in California.
“I had to inject money into it to keep it going.”
But Mrs. Clinton said that she felt the influence of Russia was a major factor, especially on social media, and that fake posts were a huge influence on people’s vote.
“The other side was using content that was just flat out false, and delivering it in a very personalized way, both above the radar screen and below,” Mrs. Clinton said. “That really influenced the information that people were relying on. And there have been some studies since the election. The vast majority of the news items posted were fake. They were connected to the bots that were just out of control.”
When asked if she felt President Trump knew about the Russian influence and the fake posts, she said yes.
“Yes, I’m leaning Trump,” she said. “I think it’s pretty hard not to.”
Mrs. Clinton also said that while her campaign tried to grapple with what was happening, most people felt that her victory was inevitable so the Russia issue could be passed off until after the election.
“I believe that what was happening to me was unprecedented,” she said. “I also think I was the victim of a very broad assumption I was going to win. I never believed that I always believed it was going to be a close election because our elections are always close.”
Mrs. Clinton also commented on Mr. Trump’s odd tweet that used the word “covfefe,” without any context or explanation.
“I thought it was a hidden message to the Russians,” she joked.
She also reacted to press secretary Sean Spicer who said that “a small group of people” knew what the president meant.
“The small group classification,” she said jokingly. “You don’t have enough classification to know what covfefe means.”
more recommended stories
- Clinton Adviser Mark Penn Advises Democrats To Move Back To The Center
While some Democrats realize that the.
- Why Celebrities May Be the GOP’s New Secret Weapon
American voters are none too thrilled.
- Van Jones, Hillary Clinton and the Disastrous Democratic Blame Game
By Alexander Nazaryan On 6/11/17 at.
- Hillary Adviser Won’t Listen To Bernie Because He’s Not A Democrat [VIDEO]
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ opinions about.
- Even Democrats Who Supported Clinton Want Her To Stop Her Blame Tour
Recent Posts Recent Comments Ron Chusid:.
- Clinton Now Adds DNC To Long List Of Those She Blames For Losing
Recent Comments Ron Chusid: It seems.
- DNC and Wikileaks To Hillary: Blame Yourself For Losing, Not Us
(AP Photo/Matt Rourke) Hillary Clinton can’t.
- Clinton Throws Debbie Wasserman Schultz, DNC Under the Bus: “I Inherited Nothing”
As it turns out, even when.
- Even Rahm Emanuel Can’t Say Hillary is Good for the Party
Appearing on CNN Sunday, Chicago’s Mayor.
- Hillary Clinton Delivers 2017 Commencement Address At Wellesley College
Hillary Clinton suggested her campaign rival.