Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said she “loves” the idea of appointing Barack Obama to the Supreme Court if she’s elected president.
At a campaign event in Iowa Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton told the crowd the next president may have to appoint up to three Supreme Court justices. When one attendee mentioned Mr. Obama as a contender, she seemed excited by the recommendation.
“Wow, what a great idea. No one has ever suggested that to me, I love that, wow,” Mrs. Clinton said. “He may have a few other things to do, but I tell you, that’s a great idea.
“I mean, he’s brilliant, he can set forth an argument and he was a law professor,” she added. “So he’s got all the credentials, but we would have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed.”
People magazine first reported the exchange.
more recommended stories
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Headlines for August 21, 2017
Massive protests against white supremacy spread.
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Not Policing The USA
In America you’re innocent until proven.
- Ethics Watchdog Files Complaint Against Wasserman Schultz
The Foundation for Accountability and Civic.
- Big-name union supporters speak out with vote less than two days away
CANTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) –.
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- Senate Committee Votes to Continue Protections for Medical Marijuana States
A vote was taken at the.