Hillary Clinton is considering the creation of a TV show to position herself for a third presidential run, sources tell author Ed Klein
Clinton got plenty of on-air experience during the 2016 campaign, but has never hosted a broadcast program. She is seen during an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show in May, 2016, during her run for president
‘She thinks being the host of a popular TV show would energize the Democratic Party base and her tens of millions of fans,’ the unnamed source said, according to Klein.
‘It’s a way to make a comeback and position herself for another run at the White House starting in a year or so.’
Clinton, Klein writes, recently told a group of friends gathered at her Washington, D.C. home: ‘I’ll be back’ – and delivered the line in an Arnold Schwarzenegger ‘Terminator’ accent as she raised a glass of wine.
A planned comeback as a presidential candidate for the third time would preclude the idea of running for mayor of New York City.
It would also take more lucrative opportunities off the table, including corporate boards and university chancellorships.
But the Clintons are among the nation’s richest Democratic politicians, reaping hundreds of millions of dollars in speaking fees since Bill Clinton left the White House in 2001.
Among Clinton’s barriers to a 2020 run that a TV show could allay include public misgivings about her health; last September she had to be dragged into her van after collapsing
Keeping up with the daily grind of a TV show would also allay fears among Democrats that her health is too frail to survive the rigors of the presidency.
Klein’s source said Hillary has ‘been talking very seriously’ about a star turn on television.
‘As a TV host, she’d discuss the issues of the day from a progressive point of view, have top guests, interview world leaders and progressive thinkers.’
Hillary, in this scenario, would control everything about the show to make sure nothing unexpected could derail her future ambitions.
‘She’s convinced she’d get fabulous ratings in a political climate where there’s so much anger in Democratic circles over Donald Trump’s election,’ the insider said.
It’s unclear where a Hillary Clinton show would air, or when.
But the source declared to Klein that Clinton is ‘utterly determined not to fade into the background. She intends to stay in the limelight and keep fighting the good fight.’
‘She knows Obama is going to be out there fighting too. But frankly, she doesn’t think he’s a great leader or a great fighter, which leaves an opening for her to be the acknowledged leader-in-exile of her party.’
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.