If you are wondering what to do with your old phone, think no further. There’s a worthy cause waiting to repurpose them and give someone deserving the means to communicate. That someone deserving is none other than our brave soldier who leaves behind his family and friends to take upon them the responsibility of protecting our borders and painfully even those of other countries. When they are preparing for battle or perhaps stationed waiting anytime, and every time for the enemy to strike, life can feel weighty and lonely. They yearn to speak to their loved ones, hoping that it won’t be the last time.
Some organisations reach out to these soldiers and empathize with their situation, to give them the strength to live, to fight, and maybe die happily, by enabling the soldiers to call home by providing them with calling cards.
How does this Happen?
The organization relies on generous donors for cash contributions and funds raised by the recycling of used cell phones. So, instead of throwing away your old phone that’s gathering dust, donate it to this noble cause. The proceeds will be used to purchase international calling cards for troops stationed around the world.
How does the soldier benefit?
- The phone becomes an instrument of sanity amidst the soldier’s harsh world of violence, death, destruction and despair
- Morale is high as he can connect with family and friends and take comfort in their safety.
- Regular communication will help keep relationships intact. Divorce rates will drop as soldiers engage in longer and more intense conversations with their spouses and loved ones
- The Military Benefits Deployment Center lists staying in touch with loved ones as a top-five “how to survive deployment strategy.”
- Figures that underscore the success of such an initiative
- Since July 2012, Helping Heroes Home has assisted more than 3,800 veterans and their families with emergency funding.
- Soldiers have engaged in more than 300 million minutes of free talk time.
- More than 15 million cell phones have been recycled.
- A contribution supporting soldiers worth $5 will enable 2.5 hours of talk time for America’s bravest men and women.
- A committed organization can receive an average of 2,500 calling card requests each week and will fulfill each and every one of them.
- When a soldier returns home, he may need help as he comes back to reality. He may have to cope with physical, emotional, and assimilation challenges. Some of these may include scouting for a new job, or paying the mortgage or purchase prescription medicines to help fight PTSD. You can contribute to support soldiers with generous donations.
Selling your old cell phone will also be an effort towards saving the planet, as it will help recycle e-waste and use it towards a fruitful cause.Be CharitableCell Phones For Soldiers
- So be charitable and generous towards our soldiers. Understand their plight. Understand their hearts. Take pride in the knowledge that your old phone will be put to good use by a man who is out there fighting to protect you and me.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.