The Greek government has agreed to makeÂ cannabis available for medicinal purposes, joining a growing number of European countries that have legalized medical marijuana.
â€œFrom now on, the country is turning its page, as Greece is now included in countries where the delivery of medical cannabis to patients in need is legal,â€� Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras told a press conference, according to the Greek Government Gazette.
Itâ€™s not yet clear how medical marijuana will be grown and cultivated, Britainâ€™s Independent newspaper reported. According to Neos Kosmos, the government will be in a position to award MMJ cultivation permits.
As a result of the governmentâ€™s move, cannabis will be reclassified from a Table A drug â€“ a category that includes heroin and LSD â€“ to a Table B drug, the same category as methadone, cocaine and opium.
Importation of marijuana-based medicines also will be allowed, according to the Independent.
The joint ministerial decision reached by Ministers of Health and Justice was published on Friday.
Spain, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Finland and the Netherlands are among the other European nations that have legalized MMJ.
more recommended stories
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- New Hampshire Bills to Expand Patient Access to Medical Marijuana Signed Into Law
CONCORD, N.H. (July 12, 2017) Last.
- Now in Effect: Retail Sales of Recreational Marijuana in Nevada Starts Today
CARSON CITY, Nev. (July 1, 2017).
- California Assembly Passes Bill to Ban Resources for Federal Marijuana Enforcement
SACRAMENTO (Jun. 1, 2017) – Today, the California.
- Massachusetts Bill Would Help Block Federal Militarization of Police
BOSTON, Mass. (May 30, 2017) –.
- US appeals court sidesteps key ruling with MMJ business owner
A federal appeals court in San.
- Marijuana Business Conference & Expo kicks off with Trump a focus of industry executives
By John Schroyer Facing a cloud.
- Nevada To Allow ‘Early’ Recreational Cannabis Sales Starting July 1
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Nevada will.
- Texas Committee Passes Bill to Review and Reject Unconstitutional Federal Acts
AUSTIN, Texas (May 7, 2017) –.
- Massachusetts Bill Would Authorize Commercial Hemp Production; Foundation to Defy Federal Prohibition
BOSTON, Mass. (April 14, 2017) –.