BOSTON – Governor Baker today announced the launch of the Baker-Polito Administration’s hiring transparency initiative, providing new online search features for new hires in Executive Department offices. Effective immediately, the public will have access to a web page within the state’s transparency website, Open Checkbook, that provides more detailed information on recently hired state workers.
“We are pleased to deliver on our promise to increase transparency around the hiring of state employees,” said Governor Charlie Baker. “The people of Massachusetts and prospective job applicants deserve a state government that conducts an accountable and fair hiring process when it comes to filling publicly posted positions in the Executive Department.”
The information that can now be found on the View New Hires website includes: the start date of the position; the name of the selected candidate; their annualized salary; their relevant years of experience; their education, licenses and certifications held; as well as an indicator of whether a written reference was issued by an elected state official on behalf of the candidate selected.
“We are glad to take an important step today towards a more transparent state government,” said Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito. “The new policy implemented today will ensure that the applicants chosen to fill open positions are qualified and fully disclose any recommendation made on their behalf by an elected official.”
Data on hires made between July 10 and July 23 appear in the first publication and the site will be regularly updated on the Monday following the first and third Saturday of each month.
“Disclosing this information is consistent with the Administration’s directive to provide frequently requested public records on our websites, making it easier to review publicly available information on new employees,” said Administration and Finance Secretary Kristen Lepore.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Governor Baker Signs Fiscal Year 2018 Budget
BOSTON â€“ Today Governor Charlie Baker.
- Baker-Polito Administration Establishes Latino Advisory Commission
BOSTON Governor Charlie Baker today signed.
- Hemp Technologies Boston Hempcrete Workshop
Join @[117246928309459:274:HEMP TECHNOLOGIES], builders of the.
- At Houston Assisted Living Facility, Resident With Alzheimer’s Recreates Her 1945 Seventeen Magazine Ad
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SeventeenMagazineApril1945_Featured-150x150.jpg Heading into the holiday weekend,.
- State Police Investigating Taxi Crash Injuring Pedestrians in East Boston
July 3, 2017http://mspnews.org/2017/07/state-police-investigating-taxi-crash-injuring-pedestrians-in-east-boston/ UPDATE: Ten people.
- Mass State State House Reps And Senators Who Opposed Marijuana Legalization
Below is a list of politicians.
- Baker-Polito Administration Celebrates Benefits of 150 Miles of New Trails for Walking and Biking
DENNIS, MA Continuing to prioritize a.
- ACTION ITEM – Call Senator Richard Ross 617-722-1555
ACTION ITEM – Call Senator Richard.
- Baker-Polito Administration Awards $2.3 Million to Sustain Heroin and Opioid Crime Reduction Efforts
BOSTONThe Baker-Polito Administration is awarding $2.3.