SAN DIEGO Today, Governor Charlie Baker addressed the 2017 BIO International Convention to reinforce the administration’s commitment to the life sciences sector as tech and innovation firms around the globe look to expand. Governor Baker also welcomed attendees to the 2018 BIO International Convention, that will be hosted in Boston next June.
Earlier this week, the Baker-Polito Administration announced a proposal to build upon Massachusetts success and leadership in the life sciences sector by providing up to $500 million over five years for strategic investments in public infrastructure, research and development, workforce training and education.
The convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) which represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
For audio of the Governorâ€™s remarks, please click here.
more recommended stories
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Gov Baker Signs Act to Ensure Safe Access to Marijuana
For Immediate Release – July 28,.
- Governor Baker Signs Fiscal Year 2018 Budget
BOSTON â€“ Today Governor Charlie Baker.
- Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Patient Can Sue Employer for Discrimination
On Monday, July 17, 2017, Massachusetts.
- Baker-Polito Administration Establishes Latino Advisory Commission
BOSTON Governor Charlie Baker today signed.
- Hemp Technologies Boston Hempcrete Workshop
Join @[117246928309459:274:HEMP TECHNOLOGIES], builders of the.
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families launches Foster Care Recruitment Initiative
BOSTON The Department of Children and.
- At Houston Assisted Living Facility, Resident With Alzheimer’s Recreates Her 1945 Seventeen Magazine Ad
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SeventeenMagazineApril1945_Featured-150x150.jpg Heading into the holiday weekend,.
- State Police Investigating Taxi Crash Injuring Pedestrians in East Boston
July 3, 2017http://mspnews.org/2017/07/state-police-investigating-taxi-crash-injuring-pedestrians-in-east-boston/ UPDATE: Ten people.
- Mass State State House Reps And Senators Who Opposed Marijuana Legalization
Below is a list of politicians.