A California high school has replaced its girls’ bathroom mirrors with signs of affirmation.
Instead of seeing themselves in the mirror every day as they tidy up for class, the female students at Laguna Hills High School will see signs with messages such as, “You are beautiful,” and “You are good enough.”
The 17-year-old student whose idea it was to make these posters, Sabrina Astle, said she “wanted to find a way to make a difference through our Kindness Club on campus. This is why I started making the posters in the first place.”
Chelsea Maxwell, the school’s activities director, decided to take those posters and put them up where the mirrors would be so the young students would get a boost of confidence at the bathroom every day.
“I felt that this would be a good time to hang the signs,” she said. “I put the signs in the bathroom the night before so students would see them throughout the next day.”
Mirrors often remind people of their facial flaws, temporary or long-term. High school girls’ bathroom mirrors are notoriously used for frequent hair and makeup checks. The signs, on the other hand, will tell the girls they don’t need mirror check-ups to look good.
“You are extraordinary!” reads one sign.
“You’re doing better than you think!” reads another.
Guess that kale salad is staying in your teeth until you get home tonight, kid.
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Study: For food-waste recycling, policy is key
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Food-Scraps.jpg Food scraps. Okay, those arenâ€™t.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.