Glen Campbell had a new album drop on Friday — but it is his final collection of original music. He has been suffering from Alzheimer’s since 2011.
The album was originally recorded in 2012, when Campbell had to walk away from music due to his illness. Friend Carl Jackson worked on producing the album since then with Campbell’s musician daughter, Ashley Campbell, who told NPR the release of the appropriately titled “Adios” is “definitely bittersweet.”
She also said she is “excited about it because I know he would be excited to share new music with his fans.”
Jackson said Campbell struggled in remembering the lyrics, but he didn’t lose his pitch-perfect voice. He added that the recording with Campbell was something special and fans will be pleased with the results.
“It was a special thing that went on in the room. There was so much joy, so much laughter, so much fun,” Jackson said. “I think there was so much love in the room [that] made me able to get some things out of him that maybe somebody else couldn’t have done.”
Campbell is currently in the final stages of Alzheimer’s and can’t communicate efficiently with friends and family. He can’t promote his album or even directly approve of it, but Jackson is sure the “Rhinestone Cowboy” singer would be pleased and that fans will be, too.
“I just know in my heart that it means the world to him … because of the peace that comes over him when he hears the music,” said Jackson. “It just means the world to me that we can do this for him and have him go out on something I believe just reaffirmed that Glen Campbell’s the best — period.”
more recommended stories
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- Dashcam Video Shows Cops Searching Woman’s Vagina For 11 Minutes, Lawyer Says
The attorney says it amounts to.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.