Glenn Reynolds posts an email with an important postscript to “Freakout at General Mills.” The email sent to Glenn by an InstaPundit reader elucidates the addressees of the message sent out by General Mills’s Orwellian Vice President for Global Inclusion to employees traumatized by the election of Donald Trump:
I worked over 15 years at General Mills, and what’s critical to note is that the addressing of Ken Charles’s note – “Employee Network & WIL Network” – means that everybody but white males is invited to his little soiree. The Employee Networks are all the racially delineated corporate support groups, and WIL is Women in Leadership.
This is appalling and embarrassing – but not at all surprising. The company’s latest news is that their Chief Marketing Officer, Ann Simonds, has launched a search for a new ad agency that requires the applicants to have 50% women and 20% women of color in their creative departments to even be considered. Seeing that in the news, and knowing how horribly their US sales have tanked, made me think repeatedly of your quip about the business results of companies that go full-SJW.
Feel free to use my words but not my name – I still have to make a living in the corporate world, where this kind of talk is double-plus-ungood, unfortunately.
Glenn comments: “When SJW-talk comes in, profits go out. Also, events that exclude people because of race and gender are illegal. We need some folks willing to file lawsuits.”
more recommended stories
- High Surf Advisory issued August 16 at 10:24AM EDT until August 16 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS
…HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Will The Home Appraisal Industry Be Replaced By Technology?
Automation haunts many discussions about the.
- Global Climate Change Leader Christiana Figueres Joins The B Team
06/13/2017 The B Team announced today.
- Women Cannabis Entrepreneurs Gather In L.A. for Empowerment Summit
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170712214535-GettyImages-581032337.jpeg Women have moved into the.
- Rights defenders â€˜must not be silenced,â€™ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- Rise in Food Service Jobs a Positive Economic Indicator
It’s hard to find a consumer.
- Apply These 10 Techniques to Improve Your Business Handshake
Making a good impression in any.
- Facebook Is Testing the Addition of Pages Descriptions to Their Cover Images
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FacebookPagesEdirDescriptionOnCoverImage-150x150.jpg Facebook confirmed that it is.