The former mayor of the Russian town of Arkhangelsk recently was filmed doing doughnuts in his Ferrari in the middle of a Moscow mall.
Aleksandr Donskoy was caught on CCTV driving his bright red sports car through the aisles of the Vesna mall in downtown Moscow, according to Metro.co.uk.
No pedestrians were injured during the stunt as Donskoy performed it in the early hours of the morning.
It took the security guards 15 minutes to stop the Ferrari from racing through the mall.
Donskoy told the Russian website 360 that the stunt was a “performance” in the style of the artist Marina Abramovich.
“I like to joke,” Donskoy said, as transcribed by Metro.co.uk. “This is such a funny performance, a way of attracting attention. But, unfortunately, not everyone took it as a joke. On the whole, I think this is such a funny stunt.
“I chose a safe place and the best route for this performance. Everything was thought out, there was no risk of causing any damage.”
Donskoy was one of the youngest mayors in Russia when he was elected, but he was jailed in 2007 for economic crimes and abuse of office following his declaration to run against Vladimir Putin in the 2008 presidential election.
He was released the following year and now has retired from politics.
Donskoy now produces stunt and reviews videos for his YouTube channel.
Thumbnail photo via YouTube
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.