Flume’s Skin is a sophomore album that doesn’t disappoint, but rather exceeds the expectations the Australian producer set with his 2012 debut with an impressive list of vocalists including Tove Lo, Vince Staples, Vic Mensa, and AlunaGeorge.
Oh, and Beck too. No big deal.
Flume, whose real name is Harley Streten, premiered “Tiny Cities” on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 radio station on Wednesday, two days before Skin‘s release.
The song begins as ballad of sorts with a sing-songy chorus before it’s put into an electronic blender and transforms into something a little more befitting of the rest of Skin. Streten talked to us ahead of Skin‘s release about how it all happened.
Unlike many electronic collaborations, most of those on Skin happened face to face.
“I called an Uber over to his house. it was kind of crazy. I got there and I was like, ‘Oh my god, I’m in Beck’s house.’ I had my stupid pink board shorts on and a backpack, at a music legend’s house,” he said. “It was quite funny.”
The two recorded the track in Beck’s home studio, he says. “It was quite surreal,” he said.
“Sometimes when people come to new technologies there’s a stiffness to it, it’s a little rigid,” Beck told Lowe on Wednesday. “What he does with these programs is so fluid and natural sounding.”
Flume will premiere Skin in its entirety at 4:30 p.m. ET on Facebook live.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.