The Biggest Fight in Combat Sports History, as some sports fanatics have been touting it, has come to an end.
Prior to this weekend’s Money Fight, Mayweather, 40, was an undefeated, 11-time five-division professional boxing world champion, while McGregor, 29, was a two-division mixed martial arts world champion and UFC lightweight titleholder.
Mayweather has now surpassed the 49-0 record of professional boxing Hall of Famer Rocky Marciano.
The matchup still has the potential to be one of, if not the most, top-grossing combat sport cards in history. Estimates range from a more conservative $300 million all the way up to $1 billion, factoring in domestic and international pay-per-view (PPV) sales, merchandise, and ticket sales.
While the UFC Fight Pass stream went down for more than an hour during the first undercard fight due to overwhelming traffic, the feed was back up for Mayweather vs. McGregor. It is currently unclear if patrons will be refunded their $99 HD PPV purchases ($89 for standard definition). As for in-person, the cheapest tickets available on StubHub sold for over $1,200.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- TV Industry Slams President Trump
I’m not sure why anyone would.
- Harry Dean Stanton Passes: A Look at His Three Top Performances
Beloved character actor Harry Dean Stanton.
- Will & Grace Bring Wine-Infused Milkshakes to Shake Shack
Sean Hayes, Megan Mullally, Eric.
- Sopranos Actor Frank Vincent Is Dead
Actor Frank Vincent, 80, has died..
- Suit Over Monkey’s Selfies Ends in Settlement
[photo credit: David Slater/court exhibit]SAN FRANCISCO.
- Hillary Clinton Greets Hundreds of Supporters for Book Signing in Manhattan
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton,.
- Fox Facing Backlash for Hiring Vick
With the NFL season.
- The Patriots, Seahawks And Steelers Get Wealthier In The NFL’s Purchases
The new kid on the.