“Fearless Girl”, the bronze statue on Wall Street depicting a young Latina girl standing up to the famousÂ â€˜Charging Bull,â€™ has become aÂ feminist iconÂ and more recentlyÂ captured attention at the Cannes Lions festival. It took home three Grand Prix awardsÂ (in the Glass, Public Relations, and Outdoor categories) inÂ a festival that recognizes creativity in theÂ communications, marketing, entertainment, design, and tech industries.
However, it hasn’t gone undefeated.
According to Adweek, Fearless Girl couldn’t beat the King. Burger King, that is.
The incredibly invasive ad won the Direct category for forcing owners of the Google Home device to listen to an advertisement of Burger Kingâ€™s staple cheeseburger, The Whopper, when their 15-second ad is played.
Itâ€™s actually quite genius.
If your Google Home device is located near a TV, it will immediately read a Wikipedia entry for the Whopper when the ad says â€œOK Google, what is the Whopper burger?â€�
So, while, Fearless Girl continues to get the attention it wants, let it be known that Charging Bullâ€™s deceased cousin is knocking her down a peg or two.
Watch the entire ad below:
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.