WASHINGTON ― The FBI announced on Friday that it is reopening its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s handling of sensitive government information.
In a letter to members of Congress, FBI Director James Comey said the FBI, “in connection to an unrelated case” had learned of email that “appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”
In July, Comey announced the FBI would not recommend criminal charges against the former secretary of state but called the handling of sensitive information “extremely careless.”
House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who has pledged to continue holding hearings into Clinton’s use of a private server while she was in the State Department, tweeted about the case being reopened.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Also on HuffPost
more recommended stories
- Debate: As Trump Prolongs War in Afghanistan, Should U.S. Pull Out Troops Immediately?
In a prime-time address on Monday,.
- Predicting Trump Wonâ€™t Last Full Term, Alec Baldwin Speaks Out on Impersonating the President
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Not Policing The USA
In America you’re innocent until proven.