March 16, 2017
But when you donate just $5 to Cell Phones for Soldiers, you give a member of our military 2 1/2 hours to connect with their family and friends, a respite from the stress of being far from home. More than two hours to hear the voices of the people they love most, to hear about their kids’ days, or laugh with old friends. These are minutes that matter.
Since 2004, Cell Phones for Soldiers has provided over 300 million minutes of free talk time, sending 5 million calling cards to servicemen and women, thanks to the generous support of our donors. Those important connections, those minutes that matter, are primarily funded in two ways:
Recycling old cell phones and other electronics: Cell Phones For Soldiers collects used phones, smartphones, tablets and MP3 players. Devices in gently-used condition are preferred, but even if they are old and nonworking, they contain valuable components that can be used again. That’s value that we use to buy calling cards to send to our servicemen and women.
Cash donations: Don’t have a phone or device to donate? You can still help a member of the military communicate with their loved ones by giving money. Every $5 donation means 2 1/2 hours of priceless talk time!
So even if you’re a year away from that smartphone or cell phone upgrade, you can still support Cell Phones For Soldiers in our mission to help servicemen and women make meaningful connections!
Make a cash donation to Cell Phones For Soldiers. Cell Phones For Soldiers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
more recommended stories
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- Dashcam Video Shows Cops Searching Woman’s Vagina For 11 Minutes, Lawyer Says
The attorney says it amounts to.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- North Carolina Green Party Supports Durham Protesters, Removal Of Confederate Monuments
The North Carolina Green Party.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.