Most people would agree that cannabis is a powerful appetite simulator that has proven time and time again to give users “the munchies”, but did you know that cannabis has also been linked to a helping reduce users BMI?
Medical science professionals from the University of Miami have put together a study to help debunk the idea that all cannabis use causes weight gain. In fact, new findings suggest that cannabis users typically have a 3% lower BMI than non-users.
The more we see studies being done on cannabis and its relation to healthy body weights, the better news we get. This recent survey seems to confirm a 2013 study published in The American Journal of Medicine that found that cannabis users had lower rates of obesity, lower levels of fasting insulin and insulin resistance and smaller waists. Based on this data, researchers concluded that cannabis could help improve insulin control, and could work to better regulate body weight. read more at marijuanatimes.org
more recommended stories
- Marijuana Legalization In Tennessee
Marijuana reform may not be on.
- Justin Bieber Criticizes Big Pharma Companies
Medical marijuana advocates have a new.
- GreenWave Advisors: Upcoming Speaking Engagements
GLOBAL ALPHA FORUM: CANNABIS FINANCE SYMPOSIUMGlobal.
- Former Reporter Faces 54 Years In Jail For Alaska Cannabis Club
Charlo Greene made headlines in 2014 when the.
- Marijuana Tourism In Oregon
Marijuana tourism could join vineyards and.
- Marijuana Arrests Fall To Lowest Level Since 1996
Arrests for simple marijuana possession in the.
- The Cannabis Industry Will Explode By 2020
Five states will vote to legalize.
- Man Forced To Eat Marijuana By Police Officers
Three Phoenix Police Departmentofficers have resigned.
- Cannabis And Cancer
With ever-increasing costs of conventional healthcare,.
- New Cannabis Decriminalization Measure Passed In Nashville
Good news if you use cannabis.