Who doesn’t love spending Memorial Day weekend hunched indoors with rain lashing at the windows? That could be the dismal reality for folks in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S., as a disturbance in the Atlantic Ocean is threatening to rev up into a full-fledged tropical cyclone.
The low-pressure zone, shown here on Wednesday night, has a 40-to-60-percent chance of becoming a cyclone in the coming days, according to NOAA’s National Hurricane Center. “Environmental conditions are expected to gradually become more conducive for development, and a tropical or subtropical cyclone could form on Friday or Saturday,” the center writes. “The low is forecast to move slowly west-northwestward or northwestward and approach the southeastern United States over the weekend.”
If it develops into a tropical storm it would be named Bonnie, and under normal circumstances would be the first Atlantic cyclone of the year. However, Alex snatched that title, turning into a hurricane five months ago—the first to form in January since 1938. The current tempest is more on schedule, as the Atlantic hurricane season, which is predicted to be active this year, starts June 1.
more recommended stories
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.