Colorado marijuana shops kicked off 2017 by selling nearly $109 million in recreational and medical cannabis in January, marking a 23 percent increase from January 2016, the latest revenue data show.
The Cannabist’s calculations of state tax revenue data that dropped Thursday afternoon show that recreational marijuana sales in January 2017 totaled $77.9 million — up $21.4 million year-over-year — while the month’s medical marijuana sales were $31.1 million, a 2.8 percent decrease from January 2016.
It’s the eight consecutive month that medical and adult-use sales have topped $100 million.
It’s also the fifth consecutive month that medical sales have seen a drop. Medical marijuana sales in the state have steadily declined since setting a yearly high of $41.4 million last August, Cannabist tabulations show.
The monthly sales equate to $17.7 million in revenue to the state from taxes and licensing fees, according to the Department of Revenue report.
Colorado’s young marijuana industry reeled in $1.3 billion in sales in 2016, a year that included a spate of record-setting summer monthly totals.
Economists have said it’s likely that the industry could outdo itself again this year, but extending those sales gains beyond 2017 would be challenging.
By 2018, the medical or recreational marijuana programs could be up-and-running in some or all of the eight states that voted in November to legalize.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.