Colorado lawmakers have decided that they want show-off their booming marijuana industry for the federal government. Colorado AG Cynthia Coffman has invited U.S. AG Jeff Sessions and his staff to visit Colorado and see how fruitful their recreational marijuana industry has become for the economy.
Colorado Governor Hickenlooper and Coffman said they’ll stand up for Colorado’s constitution and it’s right to legalize marijuana, according to The Denver Post. Hickenlooper has doubt regarding the federal government’s control over a state’s constitution. Legal marijuana is in Colorado’s constitution.
During meetings earlier in the week, Coffman said that Sessions’ top staffers appeared interested in visiting Colorado. She said, “I had a meeting there this morning and told them that I thought it was important to come to the states that have legalized marijuana, particularly Colorado since we have the longest history, and to see what we have done. They indicated an interest in that.”
During the National Association of Attorneys General meeting, Sessions said, “I’m not sure we’re going to be a better, healthier nation if we have marijuana sold at every corner grocery store.”
Sessions still remained vague on his plans regarding marijuana enforcement.
Coffman mentioned, “The overarching sense that I had was that he was making some broad policy statements. I don’t think they’ve decided how they are going to approach it or what they might do legally that would be different than the previous administration. I just think they are still figuring it out.”
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.