The Trump administration has been so ambiguous about its intentions regarding recreational cannabis that the Colorado Legislature is considering a bill to allow growers to reclassify their inventory as medical marijuana in the event of a federal crackdown.
Though the measure has yet to receive a full vote in either the state House or Senate, it has passed one Senate committee with bipartisan support, the Associated Press reported, an indication that politicians of both stripes have no desire to see Trump gut the adult-use cannabis industry.
The measure still has a long way to go before becoming law. It’s also not apparent that such a drastic move would even be necessary, given that no one in the presidential administration has said a federal crackdown on recreational marijuana businesses is imminent.
But the fact the bill was even introduced means that protecting the cannabis trade is on the minds of state lawmakers.
more recommended stories
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.
- Survey: Nearly Half Of People Who Use Cannabidiol Products Stop Taking Traditional Medicines
Bloom Farms medicinal marijuana in.