Unlike many actors, Chris Pratt hasn’t forgotten his humble roots and hasn’t bought into the Hollywood bubble.
Pratt said in the April 21st issue of Men’s Fitness that he hopes to make movies that speak to the people that are ignored by Hollywood: middle-America and blue collar workers. He said he doesn’t see stories about the people he knew growing up in Washington State.
“I don’t see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because they’re not my stories,” Pratt said. “I think there’s room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isn’t necessarily represented in Hollywood.”
The Guardians of the Galaxy star said that culture of both Middle America and the coastal elite aren’t actually that much different and life is more than just about politics.
“I really feel there’s common ground out there that’s missed because we focus on the things that separate us,” he continued. “You’re either the red state or the blue state, the left or the right. Not everything is politics. And maybe that’s something I’d want to help bridge, because I don’t feel represented by either side.”
“I don’t feel we have to be at war with each other like we are, and it’s just getting worse.”
Who knows? Maybe it takes an actor like Pratt to bring the country together in a way that Donald Trump and Barack Obama never could.
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- Glen Campbell 1936-2017
Glen Travis Campbell 1936-2017 It is.
- Chelsea Handler Suggests a Law That Would Land Her in Jail
Television host and comedian Chelsea Handler.
- Legendary Voice Actress June Foray Dies At 99
Legendary voice actress June Foray has.
- Hollywood Is Mourning The Loss Of Martin Landau
(CNN)Martin Landau, 89, a character actor.
- Stephen Colbert Obsesses Over Trump’s Twitter
Late Show host Stephen Colbert introduced.
- Let’s fall in love with Lee Wiley
Scott handles the music beat around.
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind To Celebrate 40th Anniversary In Theaters
One of the greatest science fiction.
- 2017 Music Series Presents Cara Brindisi with The Russo Brothers
What do you get when you.
- Lindsay Lohan’s Surprising Message About the President
Lindsay Lohan pledged her allegiance to.