Television host and comedian Chelsea Handler has taken to Twitter to announce to the world that she thinks people who think racism is funny should be arrested.
2 Chinese guys were arrested in Berlin for making nazi salutes. Wouldn’t it be nice 2 have laws here for people who think racism is funny? she tweeted.
While plenty of celebrities speak out against free speech today Handler has gone a bit further by suggesting a law that would actually make her one of the first people arrested. Twitter was quick to point this out by bringing up old tweets of Handler’s in which she used race to get a laugh.
The smugness of 42-year-old Handler is unfortunately common among today’s Hollywood stars. The it’s-right-for-you-but-not-for-me mentality must be infectious, as more and more celebrities grandstand and preach but then live by a totally separate set of rules.
Just look at Leonardo DiCaprio’s hypocrisy when it comes to environmentalism, or at Michael Moore’s greedy capitalist endeavors (he hates capitalism though, remember?).
Handler’s hypocrisy is only proof that she, like so many other celebrities, views herself in a separate class in which she is above the very criticism she throws at others.
more recommended stories
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- Glen Campbell 1936-2017
Glen Travis Campbell 1936-2017 It is.
- Legendary Voice Actress June Foray Dies At 99
Legendary voice actress June Foray has.
- Hollywood Is Mourning The Loss Of Martin Landau
(CNN)Martin Landau, 89, a character actor.
- Stephen Colbert Obsesses Over Trump’s Twitter
Late Show host Stephen Colbert introduced.
- Let’s fall in love with Lee Wiley
Scott handles the music beat around.
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind To Celebrate 40th Anniversary In Theaters
One of the greatest science fiction.
- 2017 Music Series Presents Cara Brindisi with The Russo Brothers
What do you get when you.
- Lindsay Lohan’s Surprising Message About the President
Lindsay Lohan pledged her allegiance to.
- Baby Driver Takes No. 2 At The Box Office But Still Wins the Weekend
After four movies’ worth of mini.