Scott wrote this morning about the vile comment Rep. Cedric Richmond made about Kellyanne Conway. Referring to a picture of Conway kneeling on a couch in the Oval Office so she could take a photograph of President Trump with African-American educators, Richmond said she looked “familiar” with being “in that position.” It was a nauseating moment, made worse by the fact that, rather than apologize, Richmond has dissembled about what he meant by his remark.
After the insult to Conway, Richmond added: “I don’t want you to refer back to the 90s.” The “you” in question was Sen. Tim Scott, who earlier had made just that reference to the Clinton era Oval Office.
Despicable. I hope @KellyannePolls receives the apology she deserves-certainly never thought I’d write that & I mean every word.
I think it’s fair to say that Chelsea Clinton did not appreciate Richmond’s reference (or Scott’s) to the Oval Office of the 1990s. But even without that touch, I’m confident she would have been offended by Richmond’s sexist comment about Conway, and believe she would have said so publicly.
Good for Chelsea Clinton. Let’s hope that many other liberal feminists with a “microphone” follow suit.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.