(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife Jane Sanders have hired lawyers following calls for an investigation into a loan Jane Sanders took out to expand Burlington College while she was serving as president, according to reports.
Jeff Weaver, campaign manager for Sandersâ€™ 2016 political campaign confirmed that the senator and his wife have lawyered up, Politico reported.
Rich Cassidy, a longtime Bernie supporter and Burlington resident has reportedly been hired to represent Sanders, while Washington defense Attorney Larry Robbins will be defending Jane Sanders.
The complaint involving Jane Sanders was made in January of 2016 and alleges that while president of Burlington College she conflated donor numbers on a 2010 loan application for $10 million to expand the school.
Burlington College ceased operations in May 2016 after failing to meet accreditation standards and falling into bankruptcy. Sanders served as president from 2004 to 2011.
A sister publication to Red Alert Politics, the Washington Examiner brings its readers breaking news and analysis on politics.
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.