Join us to kick off the 2017-18 exhibition season at ArtsWorcester with two exhibitions. At 660 Main Street, we celebrate the 2016-2017 Material Needs winners: Jennifer Davis Carey, Katie Dye, Ralph Ferro, Casey Hickey, Tomoko Sakai, Rebecca Smith, Pamela Stolz, Susan Swinand, and Jill Watts. In 2017, these artists all received grants supported by an anonymous donor, ranging from $500 to $1,500, to create work that was new to them and new to the city. Across the way at 657 Main Street, we open “Collage Variations,” an exhibit with works by Susan Black, Lizzie Fortin, and Leonard Gerwick.
Those opening are preceded by ArtsWorcester’s Annual Meeting, beginning at 6:00 PM, to which all are invited as well. Come before the artists reception to get up to speed on our finances and strategic planning, and above all, to celebrate the recipient of the 36th ArtsWorcester Award.
Parking is free in the paved lots belonging to the Freemasons at Ionic and Beacon Street. As part of our ongoing partnership program with local restaurants and food purveyors, Figs and Pigs will sponsor the appetizers. Carl Kamp will be on the classical guitar.
We thank the evening’s underwriters: the College of the Holy Cross, UniBank, and Figs and Pigs.
Above: Casey Hickey, “Hermit,” resin and found shell, 9″ x 9″ x 10″
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.