Alex Jones and his Infowars fake news site have been granted weekly White House press credentials. For a President who always bemoans the problem of fake news, he sure does seem to embrace these people with open arms. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.
Transcript of the above video:
According to Media Matters, Alex Jones’s Infowars, the notorious conspiracy theory, far-right, fake news website and show has been granted a weekly press pass for the White House and, according to Infowars, their daily credentials are still in the works. So, what this means is that Infowars, a group that has a very severe problem with ever telling the truth is going to be a part of the White House press pool. They’re going to have access to members of the administration. Alex Jones in the past has said that Donald Trump sometimes occasionally gives him a personal phone call and ask him things about policy.
This man, Alex Jones, as we’ve learned from the recent custody hearing during his divorce, is a very dangerous human being. This is not the kind of guy who you want talking to your president, and his organization is not one that you want to have access to the this administration. They literally believe in lizard people, and that chemtrails are controlling our brainwaves, or that there was some kind of pizza parlor in Washington, D.C. that, in addition to pizza, they also sold child sex slaves. Now, admittedly, Alex Jones came out and apologized for that well after the fact, after the shooting but it still doesn’t change the fact that he helped spread that propaganda, spread those lies. He spread the death panel lies about the Affordable Care Act.
He is poisoning this country with his dangerous rhetoric and his little news organization Infowars is doing the same thing. And, now, they just get to do it on a larger scale. They get to show up there next to reputable news sources like Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and they get to have a seat at the table. They get to go there and ask the president questions, or ask Sean Spicer questions, or ask any member of the administration their questions. Why?
In an era where we have so much concern over fake news, where we have a president who tweets out about the problem of fake news, we’re literally turning around and granting a White House press pass to one of the worst fake news organizations in the United States.
Source: Ring Of Fire
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.