They weren’t giving away marijuana, but that didn’t stop dozens from lining up hours in advance for the opening of Alaska’s first pot shop on Saturday.
Residents of Valdez are calling their community “the highest little town at sea level,” KTVA reported.
People in Alaska see the opening of Herbal Outfitters as a historic event in their state.
Mike Holcombe was chosen to be the first inside the shop, and called the moment “monumental.”
“I didn’t think it would happen in my lifetime that it would be legalized,” Holcombe said of his opportunity to purchase marijuana legally. “I’ve been waiting 46 years for pot to be legal.”
It was worth the wait, said those who braved the chill and drizzling rain to encircle the store’s entrance. read more at upi.com
more recommended stories
- Flash Flood Warning issued August 19 at 12:36AM EDT until August 19 at 2:30AM EDT by NWS
The National Weather Service in Taunton.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders â€˜must not be silenced,â€™ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.
- Getting Creative with Instagram
By Lisa Jane on Tuesday.
- A small sign in a big state shows the future is libertarian
(AP Photo) High schoolers all across.
- Leading the U.S. in Medicine Through Investment and Innovation
Source: United States Chamber Of Commerce.
- One in 10 LinkedIn Profiles is a Complete Lie, Study Finds – Takeaway for Small Business Employers
Looking to fill a job vacancy.
- An alternative to college: Ivanka unveils plans for ‘vocational, skill-based education’
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci) On Monday, Ivanka.
- 10 Things To Know For Today,,,
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania.