Actor Adam West, known for playing Batman on TV, died Friday night in Los Angeles after battling leukemia. West was 88.
West first played the titular Batman in the 1960’s. The show and the subsequent film adaptation were known for their campy style and kitschy humor.
He reprised his role as the caped crusader in various animated TV shows during the ’70s and ’80s.
His last appearance as the superhero will be in the cartoon slated to come out later this year.
When asked about what Batman meant to him, the actor told Variety: “I began to reengage myself with Batman. And I saw the comedy. I saw the love people had for it, and I just embraced it.”
West is survived by his wife and several children and grandchildren.
more recommended stories
- Remarks by President Trump on the Strategy in Afghanistan and South Asia
Fort Myer Arlington, Virginia 9:02 P.M..
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Glen Campbell 1936-2017
Glen Travis Campbell 1936-2017 It is.
- Chelsea Handler Suggests a Law That Would Land Her in Jail
Television host and comedian Chelsea Handler.
- Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio Guilty Of Criminal Contempt
Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s own words.