The bill’s first hurdle is in the State & Federal Power & Responsibility, Select Committee. Please take the following actions to support this important bill right now.
1. Call the State & Federal Power & Responsibility, Select Committee Chair, Drew Darby. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to schedule a hearing for this bill and then a vote. It is a two-step process, so be sure to make it clear that you want him to schedule a hearing and then a vote for the bill. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Darby: (512) 463-0331
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to cosponsor and vote YES on HB2338.
Andrew Murr (R) Vice Chair (512) 463-0536
Rafael Anchia (D) (512) 463-0746
Larry Gonzales (R) (512) 463-0670
Eric Johnson (D) (512) 463-0586
Ken King (R) (512) 463-0736
Chris Paddie (R) (512) 463-0556
Senfronia Thompson (D) (512) 463-0720
Chris Turner (R) (512) 463-0574
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
Source: Tenth Amendment Center
more recommended stories
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- New Hampshire Bills to Expand Patient Access to Medical Marijuana Signed Into Law
CONCORD, N.H. (July 12, 2017) Last.
- Greece legalizes marijuana for medical purposes
The Greek government has agreed to.
- Now in Effect: Retail Sales of Recreational Marijuana in Nevada Starts Today
CARSON CITY, Nev. (July 1, 2017).
- Signed by the Governor: Maine Law Expands Health Freedom
AUGUSTA, Maine (JuneÂ 14, 2017) â€“ Earlier.
- California Assembly Passes Bill to Ban Resources for Federal Marijuana Enforcement
SACRAMENTO (Jun. 1, 2017) – Today, the California.
- Massachusetts Bill Would Help Block Federal Militarization of Police
BOSTON, Mass. (May 30, 2017) –.
- US appeals court sidesteps key ruling with MMJ business owner
A federal appeals court in San.
- Marijuana Business Conference & Expo kicks off with Trump a focus of industry executives
By John Schroyer Facing a cloud.
- Nevada To Allow ‘Early’ Recreational Cannabis Sales Starting July 1
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Nevada will.