In this Aug. 23, 2017 photo provided by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, sharks swim in a basement swimming pool in LaGrangeville, N.Y. Officials say seven live sharks and three dead ones have been seized from the pool in the Hudson Valley home. (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation via AP)
LAGRANGEVILLE, N.Y. (AP) Seven live sharks and three dead ones have been seized from a pool in the basement of a home in New York’s Hudson Valley.
The state Department of Environmental Conservation said Wednesday officers searching a home in the Dutchess County hamlet of LaGrangeville last month found a 15-foot-diameter aboveground basement pool with seven live sandbar sharks, two dead leopard sharks and one dead hammerhead shark.
Officials say all the sharks were 2 feet (0.6 meters) to 4 feet (1.2 meters) long.
Marine wildlife experts took blood samples and measured and tagged the sharks before transferring them to the Long Island Aquarium in a truck equipped with water tanks, oxygen and climate control.
No one has been charged. An investigation is continuing.
more recommended stories
- Most Memorable Pictures Of All Time
A couple kiss even as riot.
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.