In todayâ€™s hyper-connected world, businesses who want to engage their customers and convey their marketing message quickly choose social media because of its prevalence in usage. With more thanÂ 2.8 billionÂ active social media users worldwide as of January 2017, it truly has become the place where brands and customers can exchange valuable insights, and even initiate directÂ transactions,Â in real-time.
But social media,Â while extremely convenient and useful, can also be a double-edged sword. Because itâ€™s accessible to everyone, itÂ can also be very easy for users to spread vicious and condescending statements, which can have significant impacts for both individuals andÂ brands. When not managed properly, businesses who are unknowingly hostingÂ offensive content on their social media profiles, or have sharedÂ a heated exchange of flagrant words withÂ users, can become theÂ subject of ridicule and widespreadÂ disdain.Â
This is why social media managers and business owners need toÂ familiarize themselves with proper social media etiquette and best practices. Knowing the key ‘dos and don’ts’Â canÂ not only help avoid embarrassingÂ mistakes, but it may also assistÂ business in gaining more followers, and potential customers.Â
To get a better understanding ofÂ the most dangerous social media behaviors you should avoid in 2017, check thisÂ infographicÂ from CJG Digital Marketing.
This post originally appeared on Irfan Ahmad’s blog.
more recommended stories
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- Will The Home Appraisal Industry Be Replaced By Technology?
Automation haunts many discussions about the.
- Global Climate Change Leader Christiana Figueres Joins The B Team
06/13/2017 The B Team announced today.
- Women Cannabis Entrepreneurs Gather In L.A. for Empowerment Summit
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170712214535-GettyImages-581032337.jpeg Women have moved into the.
- How to Compete Against REALLY BIG Competition
Small businesses face heavy competition not.
- Rise in Food Service Jobs a Positive Economic Indicator
It’s hard to find a consumer.
- Apply These 10 Techniques to Improve Your Business Handshake
Making a good impression in any.
- Facebook Is Testing the Addition of Pages Descriptions to Their Cover Images
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FacebookPagesEdirDescriptionOnCoverImage-150x150.jpg Facebook confirmed that it is.
- Why Ideas Are an Entrepreneur’s Most Valuable Currency
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170702205828-KristenDold.jpeg Reader Resource Entrepreneur Network provides.
- Finally, PayPal Allows Instant Transfers to Bank Accounts
PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL) users in the U.S..