People walking by Wulian Square in Hangzhou, China, on Monday afternoon were shocked to see a young woman standing under a sign that read: “Human target. 10 yuan ($1.50) per arrow.”
She had a cardboard sign that had her bank account and AliPay details written on it.
Concerned that Ji Jianli was trying to scam people, passersby called the police and she was taken away an hour after she had set up shop.
When tracked down by Chinese reporters and asked why she was offering the chance for strangers to shoot her with arrows, Ji revealed that it was a desperate attempt to get media attention in order to raise funds for her 22-year-old sister who was suffering from acute leukemia.
According to Ji, the family has been heavily in debt since her sister was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. The cost for the treatment is about 500,000 yuan ($76,000).
To make matters worse, Ji and her 42-year-old mother are the sole breadwinners of the family since her father passed away last year.
Ji told reporters that previous attempts to get the media’s attention to seek help from the public have been unsuccessful, until now.
Since Ji’s moving story went viral, hawk-eye netizens have managed to decipher Ji’s bank account details from pictures to make donations.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.