Claiming to be primed for civil war, a Venezuelan general issued orders to prepare for the future use of snipers against anti-government protesters, according to a secret recording of a regional command meeting held three weeks ago at a military base in the northwestern Venezuelan city of Barquisimeto, reports the Miami Herald.
RELATED: Venezuela’s Maduro Compares World’s Treatment of His Gov’t Officials to the Jews During WWII
The audio, which was obtained by the Herald from a Washington source that has provided information on Venezuela for previous stories, the general discusses the potential legal and physical risks of using snipers during the massive demonstrations against Venezuela’s socialist president, Nicolás Maduro.
Acording to the Herald, Venezuelan Division General José Rafael Torrealba Pérez is the man who is heard on the recording, can be heard saying: “Begin to make preparations with those individuals that can serve as snipers, beginning with psychological and aptitude tests…”
He continued, ““There will come a time when we will have to employ them [the snipers] and I want us to be ready for the moment that we have to employ them because the president will not remain at a green [preparation] phase, gentlemen.”
“He [Maduro] has already signed a range of operations and as I said here [previously] … we could be at the beginning of a subversive urban war,” the General concluded.
The recording of Torrealba’s voice matches the one appearing in videos of his public speeches available on YouTube. His voice also was identified by the Washington source that supplied the tape to el Nuevo Herald, reports the Herald.
The military, however, insists publicly that it is not using lethal force against demonstrators, a claim that was repeated on Wednesday by Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez, said the Herald.
Send news tips to [email protected].
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.