The presumptive Republican nominee’s attacks came just hours after Clinton unloaded a barrage of insults at Trump. | Getty
Donald Trump lashed out at Hillary Clinton at a rally on Thursday, calling her “guilty as hell” and proclaiming that she “has to go to jail.”
The presumptive Republican nominee’s attacks came just hours after Clinton unloaded a barrage of insults at Trump’s foreign policy views and his statements on Muslims, Mexicans and torture. Clinton also urged voters Thursday to ask themselves whether they’d want Trump “anywhere near the button.”
Story Continued Below
“This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes,” she said at a campaign event in San Diego, California. “It’s not hard to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because somebody got under his very thin skin.”
Trump responded in kind at his rally on the opposite end of the state in San Jose, blasting Clinton’s speech as a “phony hit job” and claiming his temperament is much better suited for the job of commander in chief.
“Now she’s saying, ‘Donald Trump, do you trust him with the nukes?’ Let me tell you. My temperament is so much tougher and so much better than her temperament,” Trump said. “And by the way, we need a tough temperament. All of these countries that are our allies — she talks about our allies — our allies think we’re very stupid people.”
He also mocked Clinton’s speech delivery, comparing watching her speak to taking a sleeping aid.
“It’s like taking Sominex. To watch her is like Sominex. You ever hear of Sominex? Sleep all night. It’s hard to stay awake,” he said. “I think she could make more money if she made speeches and sold them for people that can’t sleep. It was hard.”
Trump then continued his tirade against Clinton by invoking the investigation surrounding her use of a private email server as secretary of state.
“Hillary Clinton has to go to jail. She has to go to jail. I said that,” he said. “She’s guilty as hell.”
more recommended stories
- Netanyahu at the U.N.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said of.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.
- Bernie Sanders: Single-Payer ‘Not Going to Happen Tomorrow’ – Meet the Press – September 17, 2017
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) joins.
- Hillary Says No ‘Absolution’ For Women Who Didn’t Vote For Her
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton is going after Bernie Sanders harder than ever before and it could hurt Democrats …
Kamala Harris, a freshman.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- Insurer Group Balks At Bernie Sanders Medicare For All Bill
Senator Bernie Sanders introduced his ‘Medicare.
- Massachusetts Senate Hopeful Paul Feeny Endorsed By Bernie Sanders
- Hillary Clinton Greets Hundreds of Supporters for Book Signing in Manhattan
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton,.
- NJ Politics Digest: Christie Fires Back at Bannon
Chris Christie Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images.