Building a business around your favorite childhood toy might sound like a dream — or at the very least, an unrealistic goal. But for Duncan Titmarsh, it’s a reality.
The entrepreneur has had a passion for LEGO bricks since childhood. So he launched a business out of his garden shed putting together LEGO sculptures for business clients. Since then, the business has blossomed. Bright Bricks now employs 41 staff members and built 275 LEGO sculptures just last year.
Basically, the company provides eye-catching sculptures for businesses that want to attract some attention for product launches or to celebrate events.
The team can work on sculptures featuring people, animals, skylines and basically anything their clients can imagine. The company has even made the world’s largest LEGO caravan, a replica super yacht and a working LEGO Rolls-Royce jet engine.
He Turned His Dream Job Into a Business
The company has also broken a number of world records. Based in the U.K., Bright Bricks works with companies all over the world. And doing so allows Titmarsh to live out his childhood dream of getting creative with LEGO bricks on a daily basis.
Though it is a job and a serious business to him now, the ability to get creative with projects is still his favorite part of running the business. It’s a reminder to small business owners that, while focusing on practical matters is important, following your passion can help set your brand apart.
This article, “Think This LEGO Building Business is Child’s Play? Think Again” was first published on Small Business Trends
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Master the Product Launch with These 5 Steps
You can have the most.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.