By Ricardo Baca, The Cannabist
SAN DIEGO — Willie Nelson’s relationship with cannabis is the stuff of legend.
Nelson is a legalization activist, a social warrior and now a ganjapreneur via his own Willie’s Reserve pot brand, and he still gets high regularly at age 83. But he’s also not the most discerning of cannabis consumers. Does Nelson prefer energetic sativa marijuana strains to the more calming indicas? “They’re both good,” he tells me. Does he prefer smoking weed to vaporizing cannabis oil? “I enjoy smoking both ways,” he says with an affable smile.
Nelson becomes more passionate when addressing how this plant is often grown, especially in unregulated environments: “I don’t like it when they put chemicals and pesticides in it; That makes it not much better than a regular old cigarette.”
Sitting across the table from an eagle-eyed Nelson in his tour bus, I ask the country music legend if he considers himself to be a connoisseur of cannabis.
“I guess if anybody is, I would be,” he says, letting out a grizzled laugh that virtually self-italicizes the last part of the sentence.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Update: Vote NO on the Milford.
- Some of the Places with Free Burgers and Special Deals for National Cheeseburger Day
Monday, September 18, is National Cheeseburger.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.
- Sanders Won’t Run as a Democrat in 2018: Party Model Obviously Is Not Working
BY: Charles Russell Follow @charleswrussell September.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- Sanders Medicare for All Delusion
Bernie Sanders has a health care.
- Hillary Says No ‘Absolution’ For Women Who Didn’t Vote For Her
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton is going after Bernie Sanders harder than ever before and it could hurt Democrats …
Kamala Harris, a freshman.
- Harry Dean Stanton Passes: A Look at His Three Top Performances
Beloved character actor Harry Dean Stanton.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.