Recreational and medicinal marijuana use is becoming more accepted across the country. How will those changing attitudes affect NFL players looking to manage their pain?
“We’re studying the science. We’ll follow the medical experts.” Those were the words of Roger Goodell at 2009 Congressional hearings where the NFL was interrogated about its concussion policies and protocols. The league (and union) was chastised, even compared to the tobacco industry, for not doing enough in this area. The NFL responded; it has since been on a positive trajectory from the era depicted in League of Denial and Concussion.
This deference to science is now playing out again regarding another issue, one tangentially related to concussion management: marijuana use. Election day saw California, Massachusetts, Maine and Nevada legalize recreational use of marijuana, while Florida, North Dakota, Montana and Arkansas legalized marijuana for medical purposes. With hundreds of NFL players playing in those states and hundreds more living there in the offseason, the question has arisen whether players will now be able to light up as they please. read more at mmqb.si.com
more recommended stories
- Hurricane Local Statement issued September 20 at 5:13AM EDT by NWS
NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-MA12586886DEA4.HurricaneLocalStatement.125868881210MA.BOXHLSBOX.d4cbad3a7425c2bacdcd178d3caebbbc firstname.lastname@example.org 2017-09-20T05:13:00-04:00 Actual Alert.
- “It” – Just Had The Best R-Rated Horror Film Debut Ever
From1990 to 2017 and beyond, one.
- Judge Tosses Sarah Palin’s Suit Against The New York Times
A federal judge has.
- Bernie Sanders Scolds Democratic Establishment at Uptown Book Launch
Bernie Sanders in Manhattan View Full.
- US Sens. Ed Markey, Elizabeth Warren Look To Ban Menthol Cigarettes
Posted by MassCentralBoston.com on Sunday, August 27,.
- WATCH: Student Punches Teacher Repeatedly
LISTEN TO TLRâ€™S LATEST PODCAST: Rob.
- Senator Named to Marijuana Regulatory Post Opposed Legal Pot
Republican Gov. Charlie Baker has named.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders ‘must not be silenced,’ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.