A reboot of Roots, the 1977 miniseries based on Alex Haley’s novel, debuts Monday on History, A&E and Lifetime. Snoop Dogg will definitely not be watching.
The rapper posted an expletive-laced video message to Instagram on Monday criticizing films and television shows that focused on slavery and calling on his fans to boycott the four-part miniseries.
“No disrespect, but I can’t watch no motherfucking more black movies where n——s get dogged down… They going to just to keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh? I mean, I don’t understand America, they just wanna keep showing the abuse that we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago, but guess what? We’re taking the same abuse. Think about that part. When are y’all gonna make a motherfucking series about the success that black folks is having?” Read more…
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- TV Industry Slams President Trump
I’m not sure why anyone would.